There are 13,886 people who work for Mercedes-Benz in North America¹. They not only make an important contribution to the economies of Canada, Mexico and the United States, but they also play a crucial role in Mercedes-Benz's global success. Find out about our business units in North America.
Our investment, combined with a focus on innovation and maximizing performance, has fueled the continuous growth of our company throughout North America. We offer our customers in North America a multifaceted range of products, create jobs and support local communities.
- Around 14,000 people are working for Mercedes-Benz in North America, which represents about 8.2% of our global workforce.
- 15% of all Mercedes-Benz Cars and 16% of all Mercedes-Benz Vans have been sold in the United States alone. It is the second-largest market for Mercedes-Benz worldwide.
- The Mercedes-Benz plant in Tuscaloosa, Alabama produces the GLE, GLE Coupé, GLS series and GLS Maybach exclusively for world market and exports about two-thirds of its production to about 150 markets. In 2022, the plant also successfully launched production of the all-electric EQE SUV and EQS SUV as part of a global push to produce all-electric vehicles.
- The U.S. is the biggest market for Mercedes-Benz Mobility with a contract volume (portfolio) of 34.6 billion Euro.
- The North America region is the second most important market for vans, which accounted for 16% of unit sales in the year under review.
- The U.S. is the second-largest market in the world for Sprinter vans.
- 20.6% of Mercedes-Benz Group AG's institutional and strategical investors come from the United States.
¹References to ‘Mercedes-Benz’: Unless otherwise specified, in the pages of this Website, “we”, “us”, “our”, the “company”, “Mercedes-Benz”, the “Mercedes-Benz Group”, or the “Group” refers to Mercedes-Benz Group AG and its consolidated subsidiaries, or any one or more of them, as the context may require.
²all numbers as of December 31, 2022 / Exchange Rate for 12/31/2022: 1 EUR = 1.06749 USD
³USA only, not North America
Mercedes-Benz in North America
The business areas of Canada, the United States and Mexico at a glance.