Chairman of the Board of Management of Mercedes-Benz Group AG
Ola Källenius has been a member of the Board of Management of Daimler AG – now Mercedes-Benz Group AG - since January 1, 2015, and Chairman of the Board of Management since May 22, 2019. He is also Chairman of the Board of Management of Mercedes-Benz AG.
Appointed until: May, 2024. First appointed: 2015. Nationality: Swedish.
Ola Källenius was born on June 11, 1969, in Västervik/Sweden. After obtaining Abitur (university entrance examination) at Grammar School of Danderyd (Sweden), he did his military service in the Swedish army in 1988/89. From 1989 until 1993 he studied at the Stockholm School of Economics (Master in Finance and Accounting) and the CEMS Programm (Master of International Management) at the University of St. Gallen. He joined the former Daimler-Benz AG as Trainee within the International Management Associate Program in 1993.
Previous positions in the company:
- Member of the Board of Management, Group Research & Mercedes-Benz Cars Development, 2017
- Member of the Board of Management, Mercedes-Benz Cars Marketing & Sales, 2015
- Member of the Divisional Board, Mercedes-Benz Cars Marketing & Sales, Daimler AG, 2013
- Vice President, Managing Director, Mercedes-AMG GmbH, Affalterbach, 2010
- Vice President, President & CEO, Mercedes-Benz U.S. International Inc., Tuscaloosa (USA), 2009
- Managing Director, Mercedes-Benz HighPerformanceEngines Ltd., Brixworth (Great Britain), 2005
- Executive Director, Operations, McLaren Automotive Ltd., Woking (Great Britain), 2003
- Director, Procurement Mercedes-Benz Cars Powertrain, DaimlerChrysler AG, 2002
- Director, Project Alliance, Procurement Mercedes-Benz Cars, DaimlerChrysler AG, 2001
- Senior Manager, Procurement Mercedes-Benz Cars Engine Emission Management, DaimlerChrysler AG, 2000
- Senior Manager, Corporate Controlling, Mercedes-Benz U.S. International Inc., Tuscaloosa (USA), 1998
- Manager, Corporate Controlling, Mercedes-Benz U.S. International Inc., Tuscaloosa (USA), 1995