What is the onboarding for?
During the selection process, you will receive two onboarding requests.
During the first onboarding, you will receive an email with your assignment details and a link to confirm the offer and provide us with further information.
For the second onboarding, you will receive another email with tasks (onboarding salary) about two weeks before the start of employment. In this onboarding, you will submit all salary-relevant information. Please make sure that you have these documents and certificates. Since some certificates take time to obtain from the respective authorities, we advise you to request them promptly.
What pay-related information is requested in the onboarding salary?
• National Social Security Number: You must provide this so that the social security declaration can be correctly transmitted to your health and pension insurance.
• Tax identification number: This is necessary to determine your family tax class. In case it is not provided you will be settled with tax class 6.
• If you are a cross-border worker (resident in France), you do not need a tax ID. We will send you the 5011 form, which will enable us to apply for tax exemption at the tax office. This process can take two to three months to be completed; meanwhile the tax will be included in your statement.
• Bank account details: Please provide this information for the monthly payment transfer.
• Health insurance: In the case of compulsory social insurance, we are obliged to register you with a statutory health insurance fund.
Do I pay social security contributions?
The requirement for short-term employment (social security-free) is a pupil or student status, which you also have to prove to us (certificate of enrolment, school certification in German or English). Furthermore, there is a limit of 70 working days or 90 calendar days, which you may not exceed.
For further information, please refer to the Minijob-Zentrale (Minijob Central Office ):
Which health insurance is required for holiday workers or do I remain covered by family insurance?
In case of short-term employment, you remain covered by family insurance. If the criteria are not met, we have to register you with a statutory health insurance fund (employment subject to social security contributions).
I have not received a confirmation of successful onboarding
The successful completion of the onboarding will be shown to you directly in the system via a completion page.
Make sure that you have clicked on the field "Absenden".
I do not have all the required data
Onboarding can only be completed with complete data, please have this ready as previously announced. In some cases, documents and certificates (e.g. a certificate of subsequent enrolment) can also be submitted later. Please send these to email@example.com
Which "status" do I have to select in onboarding?
During Onboarding, your status at the beginning of employment is requested. Please select your appropriate status from the choices given, for example, as a school graduate "I am in a gap year status" (separate enquiry about what you were/plan to do before and after the holiday job will follow).