October 27, 2022 – The time we are living in is characterized by a multitude of challenges: from the increasingly noticeable effects of climate change, geopolitical insecurities and the intensifying shortage of resources, organizations currently need to navigate through uncertain waters. For us as a company, this means the acceleration of our transition to CO₂-neutrality, responsible usage of our planetary resources and the associated expansion of electric mobility, but also our role in society as a whole.
The topic of this year’s “Public Stakeholder Dialogue” was “Resources - Key to a sustainable transformation“, and we were delighted to welcome excellent speakers from the public and private sector as well as academia, to discuss trends and developments with the members of our Board of Management.
For our participants on-site we were delighted to offer a unique experience to explore practical aspects of our sustainability work (e.g. Impulse Sessions on Green Production and Sustainable Resources). Our “Public Stakeholder Dialogue” with our board members and high-level guests as well as our working group discussions were open to both on-location and virtual participants.
The Sustainability Dialogue 2022 was implemented in a climate responsible manner. Any CO₂ emissions were offset by a donation to a climate project.
Agenda of the Public Stakeholder Dialogue “Resources - Key to a sustainable transformation“ with our Members of the Board of Management and external guests:
- CEO Ola Källenius (Chairman of the Board of Management of Mercedes-Benz Group AG)
- Markus Schäfer (Member of the Board of Management of Mercedes-Benz Group AG. Chief Technology Officer, Development & Procurement)
- Jörg Burzer (Member of the Board of Management of Mercedes-Benz Group AG. Production & Supply Chain Management)
- Claudia Kemfert (Professor of Energy Economics and Energy Policy at the Leuphana Universität Lüneburg)
- Sabine Kohleisen (Member of the Board of Management of Mercedes-Benz Group AG. HR & Director of Labor Relations)
- Nicolas Herget (Data Specialist)
- Pia Simon (Head of Integrity Management & Corporate Responsibility, Mercedes-Benz Group AG)
- Marc Andrè Bürgel – (Head of Social Compliance Program, Mercedes-Benz Group AG)
- Polly Courtice (Supervisory Board Mercedes-Benz Group AG – Shareholder Representative. Member of the Legal Affairs Committee
- Phil Bloomer (Executive Director at the Business and Human Rights Resource Centre)
- Daniel Deparis (Head of Urban Mobility Solutions)
- Lilli Matson (Chief Safety, Health and Environment Officer, Transport for London)