There can be no progress without research. This was clearly shown by our company’s founders, Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz, when they invented the automobile in 1886. As a pioneer of automotive engineering, the Mercedes-Benz Group continues to shape the future of mobility today. To do that, we are investing several billion euros in research and development every year. And we are investing in you — in highly motivated people who want to combine their scientific research with practical work.
What we have to offer
Would you like to write your doctoral dissertation in cooperation with the Mercedes-Benz Group? We offer you an international network of experts, research materials, insights into our work, and a personal mentor who will serve as your contact partner in addition to your doctoral advisor at your university. Write your doctoral dissertation at a renowned university with Mercedes-Benz as your non-academic partner — and draw on the know-how of a globally operating Group.
We offer you ideal conditions for your research project:
- A two to three-year job contract
- A Welcome Day on which you get to know the company and other doctoral students
- An interdisciplinary qualification program for your personal development
- A doctoral student marketplace where you can present your dissertation and share ideas with colleagues
- Participation in forums, specialist presentations, and fireside chats
- Flexible time management so that you can talk with your professor in person or take on teaching and examination tasks
- Optimal networking opportunities
What are the benefits? You will receive scientific advice, conduct practical research at the company, gather project and professional experience, and create your personal network for a successful future.
What we expect of you
To be eligible, you need to have earned a university degree with above-average grades. You also need a high level of motivation and a fervent desire to shape the future of mobility. We want to have doctoral students who work proactively and with a sense of responsibility, and we look forward to working closely with your doctoral advisor in support of your dissertation.