There are 10,938 people who work for Mercedes-Benz in North America¹. They not only make an important contribution to the economies of Canada, Mexico and the United States, but they also play a crucial role in Mercedes-Benz's global success. Find out about our business units in North America.
Our investment, combined with a focus on innovation and maximizing performance, has fueled the continuous growth of our company throughout North America. We offer our customers in North America a multifaceted range of products, create jobs and support local communities.
- There are around 11,000 people working for Mercedes-Benz in North America, which represents about 6.3% of our global workforce.
- 15% of all Mercedes-Benz Cars have been sold in North America in 2021 and with 13% of Mercedes-Benz Cars sold in the United States alone it is the second-largest market worldwide.
- The Mercedes-Benz plant in Tuscaloosa, Alabama produces the GLE, GLE Coupé, GLS series and GLS Maybach exclusively for world market and exports about two-thirds of its production to about 150 markets.
- The U.S. is the biggest market for Mercedes-Benz Mobility with a contract volume (portfolio) of 34.7 billion Euro.
- In 2021 Mercedes-Benz Canada maintained its leading luxury position for an eighth consecutive year.
- The North America region is the second most important market for vans, which accounted for 14.3% of unit sales in the year under review.
- The U.S. is the second-largest market in the world for Sprinter vans.
- 14.2% of Mercedes-Benz Group AG's shareholders come from the United States.
¹References to ‘Mercedes-Benz’: Unless otherwise specified, in the pages of this Website, “we”, “us”, “our”, the “company”, “Mercedes-Benz”, the “Mercedes-Benz Group”, or the “Group” refers to Mercedes-Benz Group AG and its consolidated subsidiaries, or any one or more of them, as the context may require.
²all numbers as of December 31, 2021 / Exchange Rate for 12/31/2021: 1 EUR = 1.1374 USD
³USA only, not North America